Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SunnyDay and Sunburst

Hey hey, lol. You know, I'm actually surprised that I'm actually writing another blog post within a month or so of the last one, heehee. I'm such a procrastinator.

Okay, well, not really a procrastinator. Just SUPER UBER CRAZY CRY ME A RIVER BUSY. I usually get everything done on time.

So, updates!

I'm happily moved back into my apartment here in Corona. Life is settling down again, and kicking back up. Classes aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, honestly. I ended up dropping my writing class.

NEW KIDS IN THE FUTURE, WHO ARE DOING NCMC:

Don't take the writing class. It's EXTREMELY time consuming and difficult, IMO. The instructor is very nice and helpful, and I have nothing against him, but YOU ARE A YOUNG AMERICAN. This class should be take over the summer, after tour, in the fall, whatever. Just don't do it through NCMC. It's all online. I don't know about you, but online courses for me are slightly harder than in-class courses.

TRUST ME.

My Mother, who told me I should drop it ASAP as soon as I got out here (if not before), got to have a good "I TOLD you so! You should've listened to me!"

Always listen to your Mother. Always. For real.

In other news, Nada (pronounced "Netta") is super nice! Really cool. She's been a wonderful director so far, and she's a great teacher as well. I've enjoyed working with her, because she's been such a down to earth lady, and I really respect her. Her brother is wonderful, too. Lol! Love them both.

Nada and J.R (who is our other director with Nada) just casted Overture. Which I have info on! YAY FOR INFO! There are four sites that NK and resident casts will get sent to over 10 weeks. All the sites are fairly close to Corona, and they're all "at-risk" sites. That mainly means juvenile facilities, homeless shelters, military academies, drug rehabs, and a jail...? Yes, I think it's a jail.

SUNBURST = Military Academy.
HOPE = Homeless children/Homeless shelter.
RIO = Juvie.
PHOENIX HOUSE = Drug/Alcohol rehab center.

3/4's of my apartment have been sent to Sunburst, including myself. My room mate, Lauren, is being sent to Rio, the prison.

So, we start that this Wednesday. We're not supposed to touch people, wear tight/revealing clothing (totally fine with that), and just be very careful in general. It's like training for touring on the road. I hear it's hard, because you spend so much time with these kids, you get attached, then you leave. You can't give out your full name, or where you're from. I hear it's hard, but it's worth it.

At the end of the day, really, it's not about you. Everyone knows that here, I know. We've been a pretty good group.

OH! And the Hollywood Show in February? Yeah, that's mainly New Kids. :D OH YES. NK POWER. And we're also performing in the 50th year anniversary of the Young Americans, where all the YA Alumni come and gather for a performance. It's going to be awesome!

I reapplied for Disney. Had my phone interview already... Now I'm just waiting to hear back and see if I got in or not. I'm hopeful that I did. If I did it once, I can do it again, yes?!

We shall see... :) God's hands. Not my own. No worries. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment